What is SDS?
Student Direct Stream (SDS) offers expedited processing of study permit applications to international students who can provide upfront documentation.
To be considered for processing through the SDS, international students currently need to meet the following criteria:
• Must be legal residents of china, India, the Philippines or Vietnam.
• Intend to study at a post–secondary designated learning institution (DLI).
• Provide minimum language results.
• Provide proof of tuition payment for the first year
IRCC is planning to expand SDS globally, simultaneously to all countries, by April 1, 2019 with the following changes:
• Reduced processing times
• Applicants will no longer be required to provide proof of tuition payments;
• applicants will be required to provide a $ 20,000 GIC
• The list of IRCC approved banks that provide GICs and their corresponding information will be removed from our country specific checklists.
• GIC from any bank listed under the Canada deposit Insurance Company (CDIC) list that offers a student GIC meeting IRCC criteria will be accepted.
SDS will be open to all types of designated learning institutions